Initiative Ireland – Website Terms & Conditions
This website is owned and maintained by Initiative Financial Services Limited, trading as Initiative Ireland is registered in the Republic of Ireland, company number 563769 (“us”, “we” or “Initiative Ireland”). The use of this website is subject to the following terms and conditions that you should read carefully. By using this website you agree to be legally bound by these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, please do not use this website.
Section 1: Use of this Website
- The services and products on this website are intended for use by residents of the Republic of Ireland only, and are not aimed at or intended for use by residents of any other jurisdiction unless otherwise stated.
- The information provided on this website or in any communication containing a link to this site is for personal use and information purposes only and is not intended for distribution to, or use by, any person or entity in any jurisdiction in any country where such distribution or use would be contrary to law or regulation or which would subject any member of Initiative Ireland to any registration requirement within such jurisdiction or country. Where any opinions are expressed on this website, they are provided by Initiative Ireland for personal use and for information purposes only.
- Any information on this website which constitutes a financial promotion, is issued and approved by us for distribution and use in the Republic of Ireland only.
- This website is designed to be accessed through its principal home pages and such other pages as we may determine. If you access the site through individual pages directly, which are not designed for this purpose, you may not see important information that is relevant to information on this website. You will be referred on certain site pages to read “Terms & Conditions”. This will contain important details and/or relevant legal or regulatory information and should be read in conjunction with the relevant site pages.
Section 2: Data Protection, Privacy & Cookies
- If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian’s permission before you provide any personal information to us. Users without this consent are not allowed to provide us with personal information.
- We only collect and use individual user details where we have legitimate business reasons, and where we are legally entitled to do so. Information in relation to personal data collected by Irish entities is available on www.dataprotection.ie.
- Information gathered on you shall be used in order to deliver our services. Information shall be stored and used in strict compliance with Data Protection Laws within the Republic of Ireland. For further information on this, please visit www.DataProtection.ie
- The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area (EEA). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. By submitting your personal data, you consent to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
- All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Website; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access
- If you wish to obtain copies of your personal information, as stored by Initiative Ireland please contact us through our website. Please include any personal identifiers you have previously supplied us with to facilitate your request (e.g. Name; address; phone number; e-mail address). Your request will be processed free of charge and should be dealt with as soon as possible, taking no more than 60 days to process.
- If you discover that the we hold inaccurate information about you, please contact us via our website. We shall update your information with proposed corrections once authenticated.
Section 3: Liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall exclude or limit or restrict our duties and liabilities to you under any legislation, or any conduct of business rules which we are bound to comply with.
- Although we have taken all reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy and completeness of the content of the website, we exclude any warranties, undertakings or representations (either express or implied) to the full extent permitted under applicable law, that the website or (including without limitation) all or any part of the content or materials, accuracy, availability or completeness of the content of the website or any part of the content or materials, are appropriate or available for use either in the Republic of Ireland or in other jurisdictions. If you use this website from other jurisdictions, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws.
- We accept no liability however caused (to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law) arising out of the use of or access to this website (which includes without limitation) any errors or omissions contained in this website or if the website is unavailable and we shall not be liable for any direct or indirect losses arising from such issues.
- Access to and use of this website is at your own risk. We do not warrant that the use of this website or any material downloaded from it will not cause damage to any property, or otherwise minimise or eliminate the inherent risks of the internet including but not limited to loss of data, computer virus infection, spyware, malicious software, trojans and worms. We accept no liability in respect of losses or damages arising out of changes made to the content of this website by unauthorised third parties.
Section 4: General Terms
- To provide increased value to users of this website, we may provide links to other websites or resources for you to access at your sole discretion. You acknowledge and agree that, as you have chosen to enter the linked website we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and that we do not review or endorse and shall not be responsible or liable for the security, content or practises of said websites.
- The contents of this website do not constitute financial, investment or professional advice. In assessing potential products, consumers should obtain independent advice from qualified financial advisers
- The contents of this website, including these terms and conditions of use, are subject to change by us without notification.
- Initiative Ireland reserved the rights to monitor all internet communications, including web and email traffic, into and out of its domain. Monitoring may include checks for malignant code, criminal activity, and use of content that is unauthorised or unlawful or material that may cause offence in any way.
- The information, and any opinion contained in this website does not constitute a public offer under any applicable legislation or an offer to sell or solicitation or an offer to buy any securities or financial instruments or any advice or recommendation with respect to such securities or other financial instruments.
- This website contains certain ‘forward looking statements’ as that term is defined in the United States Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. Forward-looking statements may prove inaccurate due to factors such as economic conditions; competitive price changes of third-party institutions; regulatory or monetary changes implemented by the Central Bank of Ireland, European Central Bank or other supervisory or state bodies; natural disasters; the adequacy of loss reserves; technology changes; changes in taxation; other unforeseen changes. Such forward-looking statements speak of the date of initial publication exclusively.
- The information contained in this website is subject to, and must be read in conjunction with, all other publicly available information, including, where relevant any fuller disclosure document published by the Initiative Ireland.
- Information in this website relating to the performance of past loans or investments should not be taken as a guarantee with regard to future earnings or performance.
- In the event that any provision of these terms and conditions of use of this website is held unenforceable, it will not affect the validity and enforceability of the remaining provisions.
- The terms and conditions of use of this website are governed by the laws of the Republic of Ireland and any dispute regarding this website shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Ireland.
Section 6: Complaints
- If you are not satisfied with any of Initiative Ireland’s product, our complaint process is available on request to customers. If following our complaints process, you remain unsatisfied with our response, you may contact the Financial Services Ombudsman Bureau to review your complaint. You may contact the Ombudsman by writing to: The Financial Services Ombudsman’s Bureau, 3rd Floor, Lincoln House, Lincoln Place, Dublin 2; Lo-Call 1890 882090; Telephone 01 6620899; Fax 01 6620890, email email@example.com ; website www.financialombudsman.ie